Creating balance in our life is key to enhancing our health, relationships, and wellbeing. We are experiencing a particularly intense period of healing, self-discovery, and personal transformation. During this tumultuous shift, we can create inner balance by trusting ourselves and moving through these times with lightness, love, and an inner knowing that we are prepared for whatever comes our way. It is essential that we balance our energies by taking precious care of ourselves and by letting go of more in our lives than ever before.
When you think of balance, you probably visualize a scale where both sides are equal. But balance isn’t about creating every aspect of your life equal. On the contrary, it’s prioritizing the things that matter most…what you hold dear to you, what’s non-negotiable, the people and elements that make your heart sing. Strive for balance by making these where you channel most of your time and energies.
When our lives are out of balance, we can feel off center, ungrounded, and begin to question who we are and what we really want. This is a sign that it’s time to shift our priorities and reflect on what’s core to our soul. If we have defined ourselves by our job, achievements, or relationships, this is an opportunity to discover our truer selves and let go of our ego-identity. Many emotions can surface such as fear, sadness, confusion, and self-doubt. We may experience life as chaotic, discombobulating, or disorientating such as when we misplace our keys, get lost while driving, or space out over the simplest things. At this particular time, we are highly vulnerable and may experience physical and emotional exhaustion. Sometimes, we may cut our finger, bump into things, or manifest a mishap just to ground our energies when we feel the grids that hold our physical reality together shift and move.
Every day we are bombarded with people, situations, and events that we try and manage as best we can. As a woman, sustaining balance amidst these challenges is daunting even for the most calm and centered person. We can easily become unbalanced or lose our center with a single negative thought, poor choice, or an emotional reaction.
We’ve all had these days, weeks, even years when our whole life feels like a reaction. A harsh comment on social media, too many e-mails in our inbox, someone cuts us off in traffic and we react with irritation, anxiety, anger, sadness or disappointment. We may have difficulty breathing, an upset stomach, or tightness in our body. These reactions are all clear signs that we are in an unbalanced state. When accumulated, stored, or suppressed, they will create chronic stress which leads to a breakdown in our body’s ability to heal itself. Eventually over time, the ultimate imbalance is dis-ease.
So, how do you find balance and navigate this tumultuous time of life when everything you have ever known is in flux? First, hold steady, open your heart, and trust yourself no matter if you lose your keys, your job, or your relationships. Remind yourself that you are in preparation for your future and are being given the amazing opportunity to change direction, clear your path of anything that doesn’t serve you, and set new intentions of what truly does. In letting go of what you no longer need, you are opening to a myriad of new possibilities. This is the exquisite space of creation and is positive, no matter what it looks at the time.
The best prescription for sustaining inner balance is engaging in simple daily restorative self-care rituals such as:
1) Take purposeful breaks throughout the day to decompress, center, and restore balance through meditation, stillness, or reflection.
2) Transform your daily shower or bath into a clearing ritual to cleanse your energy field after a stressful day.
3) Participate in activities such as walking, yoga, massage, acupuncture, or energy work to release tension, toxicity and open you to the flow of positive energy.
For sustaining or restoring outer balance:
1) Journal or write down your core values or soul elements…what you hold dear, the aspects of your life that matter most, the non-negotiables in your life. Then ask yourself: Am I channeling my most of my time and energies here?
2) Now strive for balance in your life by allocating the most time, energy, and attention to these core soul elements. Set healthy boundaries so that you create more time and energy for these.
3) Surround yourself with a loving, energetic support team who love and support you without condition and who will assist you in prioritizing what you hold dear to your heart.
Remember the smallest investment in the right place (soul elements) can transform your life!