Resolutions attract a fixed, limited, and lower vibrational energy because they originate from your brain. Instead of being gentle guides, they are dictates for what you “should” change, do, or accomplish. Resolutions come from a negative belief that there’s something wrong with you that needs to be fixed.
“Soul”utions, on the other hand, are intentions that start with your innate divinity and elevate it to a higher, more evolved soul level. They are completely aligned with your soul’s path. These intentions originate from your heart and soul blueprint. They are divinely downloaded and stem from a divine energy that knows there’s nothing about you that needs to be fixed, only supported to evolve to your highest soul potential.
Here are 5 Ways to Elevate Your Resolutions to Soul Intentions:
1. Forgive Yourself Quickly and Often. Every day forgive yourself for trying to make a choice in alignment with your soul intention, but didn’t. Bless and release any disappointment in yourself with gentle words and unconditional love. Forgiveness allows you to release the disappointment and open up new creational space to start again.
2. Choose to Start New in Every Moment. When you go off your healthy diet, stop exercising, or quit your new meditation practice, it’s ok to take a breath, a break, as long as you begin again. You don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just because New Year’s Day has come and gone doesn’t mean you call it quits for the rest of the year. Remind yourself that each day is a new beginning and you start with a clean slate.
3. Celebrate Your Small Successes. Instead of beating yourself up and then giving up, pay attention to the smallest steps you’ve already taken toward your intention. Notice the small changes even if it’s just the awareness that you need to change. This still counts and is a step toward co-creating what you want by first becoming aware of it. Write your intentions on Post-It notes and put them everywhere so you can see them. Make them your screensaver on your phone or computer.
4. Break Your Intention into Smaller Soul Goals. Soul goals are fluid, heart-centered, and present-oriented intentions, whereas plain old goals are fixed, head-focused, and future-oriented. Keep them realistic and doable. You will have more success if you make each moment to moment choice in alignment with your soul.
5. Tweak Your Intentions If They’re Too Much. Your intentions may be too much of a grand gesture, unrealistic, or a set up for self-sabotage. Be gentle and allow yourself to re-evaluate any intention especially when you receive new spiritual information. Your original intention can be tweaked and may be a steppingstone to creating what you truly want. Once you get new spiritual information to guide you, be ok with shifting your intention to one that is more in alignment with your soul.