Balance doesn’t come from making every aspect of your life equal like two sides to a scale. It starts by prioritizing the aspects of your life that matter most, what you hold dear, and what’s non-negotiable to your soul. It’s means putting your time, effort, and energies into what makes your being come alive and your heart sing with joy. Most of all, it’s being true to your heart and soul…your core values or soul elements.
When you are out of alignment with your soul truth, you can feel off center, ungrounded, and question who you are and what you really want. If you find yourself defining your worth by your job, achievements, or what everyone else thinks, you are in your ego (head) and not your soul self (heart). This is your divine sign that’s it’s time to reflect on what’s core to your soul and do more of that.
Here are five supportive ways to help you find and keep balance in your life!
- Take Precious Self-Care: Take precious care of yourself every day by giving yourself time for stillness and reflection so you can tap into what’s core to your soul. Take purposeful breaks to decompress and restore your energies. Become clear about what if important to you, your core soul elements. These are what you hold dear and the non-negotiables in your life. Then, journal the answers to these questions: Am I spending most of my time and energies here? If not, make inspired choices that are aligned with these core values and come from your soul elements. You will notice your life will flow with more ease and grace if you do.
- Keep a Positive Perspective: Be aware of and appreciate the positive experiences in your life by attending to the present moment. Dwelling on the positive aspects in your life improves your overall quality of life. Whether it’s a sunny or a cloudy day, sustaining positive thoughts lead to a positive energy flow. Just imagine if one moment of positive energy can change your entire day, then how such moments, repeated over and over, could change your life.
- Feng Shui Your Inner and Outer Environments: Clearing your environments, inner and outer, of negative or stagnant energy support a healthier, more graceful, and balanced life. When there are things “energetically out of alignment” in your environment, it drains your overall energy. The more you acquire in your life the more energy it takes to maintain them. Make a list of the things you are tolerating in your environment such as: overloaded drawers and closets, bills not paid, or mementos from past relationships. Consider committing to crossing off a sizable part of this list, 25% in the next two weeks. You will be amazed at how much energy you will feel by doing this. As you work your way through the list, set up systems so you won’t need to spend as much time on maintenance in the future.
- Practice Higher Awareness Instead of Over-Awareness: By practicing heart-centered attention, you bring yourself into higher awareness. Aligning your mind and heart creates a flow of energy which bypasses the over-awareness of the brain and allows you to intuit freely through your heart center. Close your eyes and place your hand on your heart center. Take a few deep breaths while inhaling and exhaling through your heart. Now visualize a pearl of while light here. Feel the divine light filling your entire heart space and expanding outward in all directions.
- Surround Yourself with Loving Support: Be supportive in your self-talk. You can focus on the thoughts that are loving and encouraging rather than critical. Be aware of the people in your life that support you unconditionally and encourage your dreams. Rather than wasting energy on people who aren’t a positive support, notice your true soul team and spend more time with them.
The smallest investment in the aligned places, your core soul values, can transform and balance your life!