Spiritual alchemy is burning away the “dross” of an ordinary material and transforming it into a refined substance such as gold. When you render this material, you strip away the layers, exposing what’s underneath. This is the process you go through when you transmute the layers of your physical patterns into your refined essence—the gold of your true being.
Sometimes an unexpected situation can trigger a past pattern that reveals an unresolved trauma that you haven’t fully healed. Like the fragile layers of Baklava, these delicate layers that have been peeled away may seem to come out of the blue; yet, have been buried in your psyche for years. Even when you think you have worked through it the trauma, these subtle layers can surface for healing when you least expect it.
Notice when you feel anxious, restless, or irritable. These physical or emotional cues are part of your spiritual guidance system and they alert you to any underlying trauma, patterns, or pain to be released.
Lean into whatever feelings have surfaced instead of ignoring or avoiding them. Sit with your emotional pain until you deeply feel what’s there. You may want to run away from the pain, but stay with these feelings until they release. Now open you heart in loving compassion and fill it with love. When you trust yourself enough to let go, your courage kicks in, enabling you to see that your emotional pain is no match for the energy of love within you.
Here a few affirmations to remind you of your strength and courage during this spiritual alchemy process:
- I embrace my tender places in loving compassion as I release them.
- I have the strength and courage to let go of anything in my life.
- I can heal myself through the power of love.
- I lean into my vulnerable pain and discover love in its place.
- I trust that I can handle and heal any unresolved trauma.
- When I slip into an old pattern, I am reminded to be true to myself.
- I know the light through the darkness.
- I allow my emotions to surface so I can feel and heal them with love
- I release my stories from the past and see myself from the perspective of my present.
- I bless and release anyone or anything that blocks the flow of love.
- I accept the emotional feedback the universe gives me to guide my life.
- I transmute each layer of my patterns to reveal my inner being.
Remember that you spend the first half of your life acquiring layers of patterns from your childhood experiences. Then you spend the second half of your life releasing these layers that no longer serve you. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, this transmutation reveals the essence of your true being. Give yourself the gift of spiritual alchemy by transmuting your unhealed pain into spiritual information to guide your life.