After any negative encounter or stressful situation, it’s important that you emotionally, spiritually and physcially detox any negative energies you may have absorbed. Like a sponge, your sensitive energy field is porous and can soak up the energy from others. This often leads to compassion fatigue or empathy overload.
Here are several sacred strategies you can use to detox and restore energetic balance to your body, mind and spirit:
- Take frequent breaks throughout the day to decompress and restore balance. You can take this quiet time through meditation, journaling, or reflection. It takes only five minutes to recalibrate your energies.
- Release any negative feelings that came up for you in your journal. Ask your heart, “how is this person or situation helping me to spiritually grow? What is this person or situation showing me about my own patterns?” You don’t need to force a new response, just allow this moment of self-awareness to sink in.
- Take a media break including social media or selectively tune into mainstream media outlets. Being anxious or vulnerable, you are more highly sensitive to the negative energies in the world right now.
- Transform your daily shower or bath into a clearing ritual to cleanse your energy field after a stressful day. Visualize the water as liquid light, clearing away the toxic energies from the day or situation. See the negative energies going down the drain. Repeat, rinse, repeat.
- Participate in activities such as yoga, massage, acupuncture, or energy work to release toxicity and open you to the flow of positive energy. One of my favorite restorative yoga poses is putting your legs up the wall. You can do this in your office or even before bedtime to calm the body and mind and restore balance.
- Spending time in nature can clear your energy system. Just putting your feet in a grassy area, your back up against a tree, or lying on the ground can help center you and restore balance to your physical and emotional energies. Let the gentle breeze clear your energy field as well.
- Set healthy energetic boundaries by creating personal energetic space around you. This will help you refrain from taking on anyone else’s negative energies, giving unsolicited advice, or trying to fix the situation.
- Visualize any person or situation where you’ve taken in negative energy in pink light. This sacred practice seals the negative energy away from you because the vibration of pink light governs the physical universe. It cuts your connection with these lower vibrations so you can stay open-hearted without compromising your own energies.
All of these will ground you and bring you back into energetic balance and resonance with your highest vibration. Be aware of your need to love and care for yourself and take regular breaks to restore and recharge your energies.