All of us are born with the ability to be an open channel of spiritual information, for it is our divine nature. Although each person tunes in to this energy and information differently, we all tap the same divine source. It’s not our “ability” which determines the extent to which we can receive and use this energy, but rather how open and aware we are. For a highly sensitive person (HSP), it’s natural and easy to be open and receptive.
As a highly sensitive person, you have chosen an extraordinary time to be on earth to assist in the healing and expansion of our human consciousness. It’s an extraordinary gift to be highly aware, deeply empathic, and intuitive. You are consciously aware of your thoughts, feelings, and intuitions, and pay special attention to the moments of clarity which occur unexpectedly. And trust the spiritual information coming through your heart, and act on it without reservation.
If you are a highly sensitive person (HSP), you are more prone to anxiety because of your empathetic sensitivities. Such openness can cause constant stress because you soak up the energies of others, even the world energy. Your energy field acts like a sponge and absorbs the energies of others. You are often unaware that others are projecting their anxiety onto you and you take it on as your own. That is why you may experience the feelings and energies of others especially when they are suffering, struggling, or anxious.
As an (HSP), it’s not always easy to feel things so deeply, care so much, and be overly empathic. Because you take in the accumulation of negative energies of the world, you often feel anxious like you can barely breathe, a sense of impending doom, or empathy overload. At its best, the resulting energetic drain makes you vulnerable to feelings of “compassion fatigue.” At its worst, it can stress your heart center, resulting in exhaustion, depression, or medical conditions such as increased blood pressure or cardiac disease.
Highly sensitive individuals struggle to keep their energy from bleeding into the energy fields of people around them or strive to prevent other people’s energy from infiltrating their energy field. Most “sensitives” have felt themselves taking on the emotions of others as if they were their own or being sucked dry of energy in the presence of “energy bullies.”
It’s essential that we consistently clear our energy fields, create healthy energetic boundaries, and discern what emotions or energies are ours.
Here are 5 ways to release energy overload that can lead to anxiety and compassion fatigue:
- Acknowledge that your higher awareness is positive. You are a great gift to the world and you are the people we’ve been waiting for to elevate our human consciousness to a higher vibration. Celebrate your intuitive abilities!
- Take a media break. Reduce the amount of time you spend watching the news, surfing the internet, or engaging on Facebook. Instead spend time in nature, go for a walk, breathe in the spring scents, and surround yourself with beauty.
- Create two separate journals. One is a toxic dumping ground for releasing all negative emotions and energies. The other is for celebrating gratitude, intentions, and anything positive.
- Practice effective energetic boundaries. Put yourself in a bubble of white light before entering a challenging situation. Differentiate what energy, anxiety, or feelings are yours and what is another persons’. Pause and ask yourself, “If this is mine, I will deal with it. If not, I bless and release it.” Remember the old adage, “Not my circus, not my monkeys.”
- Bathe in Epson or Himalayan sea salts toward the end of the day to clear your energy field. Also change your clothes after a long day spent with others as clothes collect energy too.
When feeling things deeply and compassionately is your superpower, it’s important that you practice present awareness instead of over awareness, open your heart to integrate and ground your energies, clear your energy field with natural elements, and create healthy energetic boundaries.